Went to the Newville Hardware Store and the Newville Produce Farm to get more seeds – hoping for the rain to stop so we can start planting more vegetables.
- 1/2 lb of Henderson’s Bush Baby Lima Beans
- 1 lb of Tema Green Beans (53 days)
- Eureka Pickling Cucumbers (57 days)
- Bush Pickle Cucumbers (45 days)
- Kentucky Wonder Pole Beans (always wanted to try those)
- Garden Spineless Zucchini (50 days)
- Kohlrabi seeds and plants
- Rutabaga seeds
- a few white cabbage plants
- sweet potato vines
- a few cauliflower plants
- St. John’s Wort plant
- Rosemary plant
- half a flat of white impatients for the shady flower beds
Stopped by a yard sale on the way and bought 3 forsythia plants, several daisy plants and a few while irises.
Also spent Saturday evening “finding” the shady flower bed that edges the lawn area (where hopefully we’ll have a stone wall someday). Got this area ready for mulching as soon as the rain stops. With this soggy weather, gardening is limited to areas that can be reached from a grass surface – such as flower beds… can’t wait for the sun to start drying things up.
And finally planted the two Asian Pear trees which Jens had gotten Tina for Mother’s Day!