It has been a while since we purchased our greenhouse (see previous post). We finally had time to actually set it up in it’s permanent place, i.e. in the herbgarden in front of the house.
We started by clearing the space, measuring out the dimensions and marking the four post holes. We used the posthole digging attachment with the tractor to make the holes.
Next we cemented the four corner posts and let them settle overnight. The next day, we build the frame that would anchor the greenhouse, leveled it and started filling it with gravel.
In order to keep the greenhouse level, we had to really built up the back part of the plot. We used field stones from an old stone wall to build a retaining wall, and back-filled with gravel and dirt.
Once the frame was solid, and the inside filled with gravel, we laid down large cement platters for a center walkway. After that is was just a matter of carrying the greenhouse frame (no glass yet) and securing it to the foundation.