Jeff has been fishing in our pond – sometimes with Toben and once in a while with Fiona as well. They have been pretty good a catching bluegills, by the bucket full. One afternoon of fishing usually yields 4 lbs of fish fillets.
Since the grandchildren are not too keen on fried fish, Jeff has been experimenting with making fish cakes. He told Toben that they are “Krabby-Patties” and ever since then, Toben likes to eat them.
Here is Jeff’s Fish-Cake recipe:
- 1 lb cooked fish fillets (fried lightly in butter, in a skillet until a fork can pull the fish apart)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons “Old Bay” seasoning
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard (we used “French’s”)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup mayo (we used “Hellman’s light”)
- 1/3 cup bread-crumbs